Physical Education Curriculum Intent:
At Perton First School we provide opportunities for our children to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. We inspire all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities.
At Perton First School we have a bespoke PE curriculum that has been created to ensure our children leave our school having learnt different games skills, to compete in a sporting manner, to co-operate and work as a team and improve their fitness in order to lead a healthy lifestyle.
We aim to develop the children's physical confidence, have children striving to do their best and embed values such as fairness and respect. Teachers and staff make assessments through observations and children are encouraged to peer evaluate in a positive manner.
The School's aims are to:
- master basic movements including running, jumping, throwing & catching as well as developing balance, agility and co-ordination
- to play competitive games and apply basic principles for attacking and defending
- develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance
- perform dances using a range of movement patterns
- take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges
- to demonstrate improvement by achieving personal bests
PE - Perton First School Subject Map
To view our school's subject map for PE, select it from the document below.
https://www.gonoodle.com - Fitness workout