Moving into a new year group is a big step for most children. In school, we spend a lot of time in July preparing our classes for their move into Year 3, holding induction days and easing any little worries that might occur! Some children relish the change and are more than ready for the next step in their school journey; others find moving from the comfort of their current teacher and classroom more tricky. This is normal!
This year especially, we expect children to have lots of questions and queries regarding their new classes, or even in just returning to regular school life. We want to help as much as possible, so do drop us an email if there is anything you think we could support your child with regarding transition.
Below are some lovely activities, stories and tasks that will help children to reflect on their time in Year 2, but also prepare for returning to school in September. We hope you find them useful.
Writing Task for WB. 6th July
This week, we would like you to write about some of your favourite memories from Year 2. Of course, before school closed we had lots of special times together. Here are some ideas for you...
- Stick Man Trail and Bluebell Woods
- Birmingham Thinktank
- Christmas Play- 'Bethlehem's Buzzin''
- Space Buggies
- Blists Hill and learning about the Victorians
- Baking day
- Victorian Tea Dance and Waltzing
- You may want to write about some of the learning and activities you did at home during the lockdown too.
- I'm sure you can think of lots of other fun, funny and memorable things from Year 2 aswell!