Main Shape Objectives:
- I can name all the 2-D shapes and describe them.
- I can name all the 3-D shapes and describe them.
- I can sort shapes into groups.
- I can draw lines of symmetry.
· Shape Hunt– explore and identify shapes in your environment! Go on a shape hunt around your house, in the garden or look for shapes whilst out on a walk. You might want to take a piece of paper to record your findings in a tally chart or just talk about what you can see.
· Make shapes with your toys.
· Make shapes with your body.
· Draw different shapes using, paint, chalk etc
· Fill a squeezy bottle with water, squeeze the water out into different shapes.
· Make a picture using different shapes.
· Playdough shapes.
· Describe a shape– how many guesses does it take for someone to guess your shape!
· Feely bag of shapes- put your hand in the bag and describe what you can feel.
· Give instructions for someone to draw a shape.
· Look for symmetry in the environment.
· Paint a symmetrical picture.
· Use natural objects to create a symmetrical picture.