Our geography project this term would have taught children about the difference between countries and continents. We would have:
- Learned to locate the UK on a world map. Children would find and label England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland.
- Found capital cities and towns/ cities important to us on a map of the UK, using Google Maps and atlases to help us.
- Named and located the 7 continents. We would understand that continents are a cluster of countries.
- Learned about a contrasting country. This would have been Australia.
- Located Australia on a world map. Children would have learned to label a map of Australia with key cities, territories and landmarks.
- Learned about Australian landmarks (Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Ayers Rock/Uluru, Great Barrier Reef).
- Linked some of our science learning on animals to finding out about Australian animals.